Friday 22 November 2013

Day 1: Thailand

Sooooo! I made my way to Thailand and so happy that everything went so smoothly! It was an early start and after having a terrible sleep the night before I was able to wind myself up fairly easily. It's scary flying internationally for the first time without an adult to guide me through but somehow it ended up alright!
I was flying with Andrew so it wasn't as terrible as flying by myself but it was still pretty scary!


The plane ride was pretty nice! Even though our seats originally placed us in an awkward seat, we were able to move to a window seat because there weren't many people on the plane. We watched movies and played some games but it was hard to keep doing the same thing for a long time. The plane ride to Kuala Lumpur was an hour and a half longer than expected and by the end of it I was exhausted. I never realised how draining sitting in the same place for hours on end can be! Haha

Flying with Air Asia was actually pretty alright! The food was kind of small but pretty yummy! But because of it being so small I have been feeling hungry the whole day! I ate way too much now I realise...


Unfortunately, when we got to Kuala Lumpur we realised that our next flight had been delayed. It was anything too stressful but because we were both so tired it was hard to sit in the airport for another hour - knowing that we would be back to our hotel even later. The airport itself was alright and had some interesting food but nothing too amazing was there and there were not many places to sit as people felt the need to cover all the seats with their bags. I tried some food there which at the time I didn't know would be so spicy! It was a chicken sausage wrap that looked like a hotdog and was really yummy despite it burning my mouth off. It was kind of exciting knowing that I might be eating a lot of spicy food (and hopefully grow a tolerance to it!)


Finally, on my last flight which took us to Bangkok, I was starting to feel sick from all the food I had consumed. I wasn't sure if it was also nervousness and stress and tiredness as well but I assume it probably was. At first I thought having the window seat would be a tad boring because it was so dark out already, but lights filled my view as I watched the cities below. It was beautiful and resembled the galaxy - I hope to see it again.

Walking out of the airport was something else with feeling. The air was humid and hot, but totally different from what I have felt before. I can't really describe it but it was intense and awesome. It was calm in the airport of Bangkok until we tried to find a taxi. We went straight to line up for a taxi and the line was so long. It was a while before we got to the taxi desk and I probably would have died if it weren't for those cooling machines that were positioned in the lines.

Our cab ride was the best experience yet and totally made me lose the kind of homesickness I kind of felt before getting off the plane. Inside was completely decked out with jewels and the roof was covered in different currencies with a layer of plastic. There were no seat belts either and I wasn't sure if I was more scared of dying or more thrilled of the feeling of rebelling! It was hard deciding whether I wanted to keep looking around the funkiest cab I've ever seen or look out the window to the streets of Thailand. I managed to do both and I wasn't anything but amazed. I didn't get any photos unfortunately, but I probably couldn't forget it.



Our hotel room is cosy and the air conditioning is a breeze! (Ha!) I can't wait to head off to Chiang Mai tomorrow and meet up with Heather and her family but I'm not particularly excited for the 5am start. I'm probably going to sleep as much as I can now and pray that I'm not as tired tomorrow.

Cya! (。´∀`)ノ


1 comment:

  1. Wow... Great account of an exciting first day. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete