Sunday 24 November 2013

Day 3: Tiger Kingdom

Today was awesome! My first nights sleep in the hotel was not too bad, but I did wake up a few times during the night. We were meant to be awake and ready by 9:30 and I woke up an hour before my alarm and decided to start the day then. It's so nice staying at a hotel that also has breakfast services and so many nice things too! It was already really hot by 9:30 which is when we had breakfast.
























Then we caught up with Heather's parents and sat with them as they ate their breakfast before we headed off to Tiger Kingdom! While they ate a group of people came up to us in costume and asked us for money. I'm not entirely sure what they wanted it for, but Heather's mum gave them a small donation anyway!


... Then Tiger Kingdom!




Originally, I was going to see the big tigers and the little tigers, but when I got there I got really scared ahaha! The big tigers are soooo big and just a little too intimidating for me. I don't regret it now, but maybe if I go another time I can build up the courage to cuddle one! Instead, I only saw the smallest tigers.
























It was kind of a long wait to see them because they could only let so many in at a time, and of course lots of people wanted to see the newborns. They were so cute but even sometimes I got a bit scared of them! When we went in the trainer told us to play with them and then one of them started eating my dress! It was cute but I was a bit worried that it might think I was food next ahaha. We were just trying to taking photos with them mostly but because they were laying down it was really hard to get a nice photo. It's annoying because we saw other people being so playful with them - but I guess they were all probably tired because of it.

























Andrew then went to hang out with the big tigers, so me and Heather watched from the cafe and waited for him to come out. Then, after picking us up, Heather's parents took us to a waterfall park.
























It was so beautiful where we went. There were lots of stone paths that directed us closer to some rapids and a waterfall. I didn't climb the rocks with Heather and Andrew at first - because I felt the rapids were a bit strong. But, when we progressed up the paths, we all decided to dip our feet in and walk around in the water as a refresher but also to take some pictures! There were heaps of people just having a swim in the water and I wish I had my swimsuit with me so I could have done it, but oh well! The water got a bit scary sometimes though because I almost fell over a lot. I was mostly scared about my camera getting ruined but thankfully that didn't happen.
























We walked for a really long time after that, just admiring the scenery. There were lots of paths and bridges that we had to cross. At one point, we saw a stray dog (just one of many that were roaming around) and it started following us for a good hour before we left. It was so cute and I wanted to pet it but it would always back away! I'm glad it stayed with us though, it felt like an additional family member.
























On the way home, we took a detour which ended up being a 2 and a half hour car ride! I was so exhausted so I tried to sleep- and did- for some of the way. My legs were really tight because of how the seating worked, but I managed to move my feet in the end. We all played I Spy to pass time as well before we made it home.

For dinner, we went to Burger King! Classic Thai food, I know. It was actually amazing, though. Instead of fries I could get mini hash browns and the burgers were delicious. Mine was a little funny, but it was still good food in the end. The person who served us had really good English and was so nice to us. Just a really good meal. I wish Hungry Jacks was half that good - but then again, if it was I would eat it far too often.

After, we went to look at the markets again but I didn't have much money on me so I couldn't buy anything. I was able to afford a little elephant bracelet though! Eventually we decided to head back because we have an even earlier start tomorrow. But, I did get some nutella roti on the way home for dessert! It was delicious!

Cya! \(^▽^)/ 

Food snaps:





No comments:

Post a Comment