Tuesday 26 November 2013

Day 5: Hot Springs


I had one of the most relaxing days so far! We slept in for as long as we wanted - not burdening selves with alarms. It was really needed considering how early we have gotten up so far and how late we headed to bed. Breakfast was quite nice but I could tell it was going to be a really hot day.

Heather's parents picked us up and took us to a hot springs! It wasn't the one we were headed to yesterday, but a much closer one. The hot springs were in a huge park, it had playgrounds and cafe's and even massage tents. It was only 50 baht to go in the hot springs and it was well worth it! The springs we went into were called mineral springs. I think because of the minerals they gave off a strong eggy smell, but I could ignore it after a while. It's meant to be really good for you, too!









The spring itself was SO hot! We decided to go into the mineral pool instead of the smaller baths so we could swim around and I think that was the best decision. The only down side of swimming was that because it was so hot it became a little hard to breathe at times. But, we could just go have a shower on the side and cool ourselves down and go back in! It was so lovely and I wish we had some hot springs back in Adelaide. I'd like to try some of the smaller baths sometime as well to see if they're any different.
























After some casual swimming, we walked around the park and went to look at the super hot hot springs. We couldn't swim in them (obviously) because they were over 100 degrees! People were buying baskets of eggs and dipping them in the water and the eggs would be cooked within 5 minutes! It was pretty cool I thought, but I would be way too scared of burning my hand.





On the way home, I fell asleep in the back of the car - like I seem to be doing on every car ride. It felt good
sleeping but my hair was still wet from swimming and so it felt like I was sweating a lot even though I wasn't. My dinner tonight only cost around a dollar (AUS) and it was amazing and filling! I could get used to eating the food here.
























Heather and Andrew are out getting tattoos right now and I was feeling really tired and didn't particularly want to hang around for the couple of hours that it would take so I'm just sitting in my hotel. I'll probably go out soon and get some snacks or something though!

Food snaps:



No comments:

Post a Comment