Thursday 28 November 2013

Day 7: Meeting the Family

Today we checked out of the hotel we had been staying at since Friday and headed over to Heather's family house where we would stay for a night. Most of her family live at this estate spread out over a couple of houses and it has a really great atmosphere. Her family is super nice! I especially love her second cousins Din and Doon! They're very young and super cute! It took a while for Din to warm up to me cause he's really shy but I got a bit of a kiss on the cheek tonight! So cute.

During today we visited more temples. I took some photos but at the time I didn't realise my finger was in most of them! So disappointing. We went to, what Heather's dad said, was the third most important temple in Thailand! It was massive and super detailed. There were a million Buddha statues and they started getting larger and larger to a point where they became intimidating. But, it was cool! I also made a wish in the temple and that was kind of fun. Lunch was yummy too! It was just some cheese baked spaghetti!

Then we went shopping at this supermarket type centre. I got a kitkat ice cream blizzard from Dairy Queen and it was super yum! I bought some clothes and some shoes as well for super cheap. I don't even think I spent 20 dollars! I love it here haha!

Hanging out at Heather's family's house was really fun. We ate hot pot and grilled pork while listening to some Thai music and then some of our own chosen music. The food was super yummy and it felt so good eating with everyone and everyone being super happy! It was good until a giant moth attacked us and flew into the hotpot... But Heather's uncle said it was good protein! It was funny.

Later on, Karaoke was set up and we all started singing! I obviously couldn't sing along to the Thai songs but there were quite a few English songs that I sung with Heather. It was so much fun! We sang for hours and had a good time. We also tried this type of vodka but it wasn't vodka? I'm not really sure what it was but it was so sweet and yummy and not at all horrible like vodka! Just as strong though.

We have a 5am start tomorrow to catch a plane back to Bangkok! Hopefully it's not too painful to wake up... I did have trouble waking up this morning.

Also, a pic of my tattoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment