Sunday 6 September 2015

06/09/15 - Singapore


Finally, after a year of preparation, and applications, and stress, I finally was able to say that I was ready to leave for Japan. I felt sick all the way up until I was in the air, even then my stomach was a bit grumpy. Saying goodbye wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be… But I think that more had to do with the fact that I was in such a rush. There was no time to cry about leaving for a year, instead I had to think positive – otherwise negative emotions really would win.  

Going through customs I had a minor hiccup where a security woman questioned me… I think I looked a little too nervous. I felt like I was on Border Security. That didn’t really make me feel any better, I have to say.



On the flight over, it started off being what I expected. Movies, TV, food. Singapore airlines is so generous when it comes to food and drink (and it’s certainly delicious) but I definitely didn’t need to eat the portion size they gave – not that that stopped me. Since I had some troubles working out the TV remote, the girl next to me on the flight offered me some help. Eventually we ended up talking and I found out she’s also an exchange student from Adelaide University! She’s going to London for 6 months and has done lots of travelling in the past.

We pretty much stayed together from there. She only had an 8-hour layover, but she let me be her plus one in her KrisFlyer Gold membership club and so we spent our entire time in there eating the buffet food and lounging about. We explored a bit before that, but the airport was too confusing and we didn’t want to walk for too long with such heavy bags. We said our goodbye’s already as I am writing this, but I’m sure we will see each other again some day! Not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of my layover (which is is 11 hours in total, 4 hours remaining), but it'll probably just end up be me consuming more food at the buffet. (Thanks Georgia!) 




I still feel anxious about the trip and it’s going to be hard settling in when I get to Japan. But, right now I also feel extremely happy and I know more good things are to come my way.

Next on the list: JAPAN!ヽ(^。^)丿

No comments:

Post a Comment