Wednesday 23 September 2015

20/09/15 - Silver Week

On the 20th of September, 2015 I was woken up by people yelling through speakers and music outside my dormitory for the Silver Week festival. Despite being woken up by it, I immediately decided that I wanted to go. I found Kana (my RA and neighbour) in the multipurpose room and we decided to go together. It was held at the park just across the street, and it was only a small festival but there was so much energy everywhere.

There were tonnes of food stalls set up, and also little game stalls. One in particular that looked like fun was the catching the fish with the paper. Small children were playing it and some were really good at it! It was so fun watching. There was also a stall to get free dental check ups and Kana made me get one. I was the first foreigner to come through the stall so the dentist wanted a photo with me. Everyone should be happy to know that I have perfectly healthy teeth.



Afterwards, Kana had to leave for an RA meeting, but I met up with Mei at the festival and we watched dancing competitions for a long time. I couldn't believe how good all of them were at dancing. It was well worth sitting in the sun for hours.


Later that night I met up with Misaki and we went for karaoke. It was kind of expensive where we went because of the hour/day but we got to sing so much because it was just two of us. I going out and singing with friends so much and I love that everyone else loves doing it as well! Misaki said that people should only come to Japan for two reasons "karaoke and food." I feel inclined to agree.



No comments:

Post a Comment