Sunday 13 September 2015

12/09/15 - Namba

Yesterday, I woke up expecting to just relax and study. After a long day before that I wasn't really planning on doing much (especially considering I had no plans with anyone). However, as soon as I walked down stairs I saw people gathering in the multi-purpose room and I was invited to go to Namba with them! I didn't refuse because I have always wanted to go to Namba since coming to Japan. I had heard of the shopping, the food, the atmosphere and the famous Guriko sign that people pose in front of.

We met Misaki at Senriyama who then became our guide for the day! Before going to Namba, we were going to Umeda for a little while where we were going to meet a Danish guy called Thor. Again, the first thing we did getting to Umeda was look for food. We decided on Okonomiyaki for lunch and while it was good for everyone else, it wasn't as fun for me. I never actually got to order, but someone ordered two of something, so they assumed that was mine? I ended up having to eat it anyway. It was good but I don't think I got to enjoy it as much because of the situation. Annoying!

Then we went to the Pokemon centre. Every city in Japan has a Pokemon centre and they're one of those places you have to go to, even if you don't like Pokemon that much. Misaki was getting angry because I kept saying the english names of the Pokemon, it was funny! I came to the Pokemon centre with Georiga the day before, and it was much less crowded! Still fun, though.



After that, I think we just decided to go to Namba! I can't really remember getting there. I just remember trains and being tired. I'm always tired here from walking. It's always hot as well. The heat is different from Australia, in that I am always feeling hot. But, I think it's because I came from Winter.

Entering Namba is so magical! Everything is full of large billboards and Dōtonbori is pretty much a street of large hanging objects. At night, it is all lit up and is beautiful. You can definitely find a large amount of cool shops there, and it's all so cheap as well. I had a great time looking at everything and taking photos. I saw the Guriko (Glico) man and everyone was posing! It was really funny. I decided to pose and take a photo as well, but I don't have the photo with me. Everyone else decided to start drinking at a bar, but I didn't want to so a few others who also didn't decided to go shopping for a few hours while we waited for them.






We were walking for a long time and I was still full from the Okonomiyaki, but we saw this really cute restaurant. It had all the menu in plastic form in the window so you could choose before you went in! We were instantly drawn in by the menu. It looked so yummy. I felt hungry again. We decided to eat there because it was also very cheap. I ate omurice and spaghetti with deep fried potato and a drink (it's two dishes and a drink deal). It was so tasty! I couldn't finish it, though. So filling.
















When we met up with everyone, a few of them were so drunk! They got unlimited drinks for two hours on their deal! It was funny. Everyone decided it was time for Karaoke!!! I was so excited for this. Karaoke in Japan is a completely different experience to Australia. They offer you special deals for entering their bars. Our deal was for 3 hours and we got unlimited juice and french fries! The room was really large as well and you can dim the lights and put on disco lights! It was so good. The only down side was that I couldn't read Japanese so I couldn't work the machine very well. But, I had a really good time. We ran to catch the last train home, and it was really fun. A drunk man was blowing me kisses through the train window for 10 minutes after getting off. So funny! A good day/night overall.





No comments:

Post a Comment