Thursday 10 September 2015

10/09/15 - Placement Test

Finally, the day had come. The day had come where all 100 of us exchange students would be put in a single room to be tested on our Japanese abilities before being placed into our specific classes. I knew already what class I would be in but either way the feeling of a test always makes me nervous. It didn't end up being as bad as I thought it would be, but I think I still wish I was able to communicate more in Japanese. It's a bit disappointing. Hopefully from now on I can become better at the language, though. 

After the test we had a 3 hour break before we had to return, and since me and a few others were all very hungry, we decided to go to mos burger! Mos burger is the most amazing burger place I have ever been to. It is very expensive, and very messy, but really worth every penny. It was also nice to get out of the rain as well. I'd like to go back if I feel like I can splash out on a meal - although for now I think I will stick to my 100 yen meals. 




After eating I was so happy, but we had to walk through the pouring rain for a long time... We walked to this building and had to climb 6 flights of stairs or so to get to a computer room to look at our classes for the semester! Some of them are very weird... Like food safety and chemical engineering. I haven't decided what classes I am going to take yet, but I think it is going to be kind of difficult with the classes provided. I was a little sad that my friends are all in higher levels of Japanese than me, because I wanted to be together with them. However, I remembered that my exchange is about being more independent and so being in beginners Japanese by myself is probably for the best. I would end up relying on others too much like I normally do and I plan to break this habit. 



Tonight I cleaned my room for inspection tomorrow. It's to see that it's safe, just in case of fires, and that nothing is broken. I have only been here a few days so it should be a pass! (I hope) Tomorrow I am going to Umeda hopefully to finally see some of the cities of Osaka! I'm very excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment