Friday 18 September 2015

18/09/15 - Part 1

These past couple days I haven't written anything, and it isn't because I have been particularly busy. I have been eating well with many new friends I have made at the dormitory and staying up until late with them and talking. It's been a struggle not knowing much Japanese but I think once classes start I will learn Japanese quickly, and many people will help me learn.

Because there is communal kitchens everyone can eat together and lately we have been cooking meals together and splitting the costs. It's been more fun this way and I have been eating some really delicious meals! Much nicer than 100 yen meals from the supermarket. I miss cheese a lot, so when I come back to Australia in November I will have to eat a lot! Also, I have discovered that no one else except Australian's knows what chicken salt is? I was so shocked... Of all things? I can't imagine.

I've chosen subjects now, and tonight we're going to have the official welcome party of Kansai University. It's very formal and everyone is dressing up in suits and dresses! Then afterwards everyone is getting very drunk! I can't wait. Hopefully everyone is not too hungover, though, because tomorrow we have an all day excursion to Osaka with drum performances!

No comments:

Post a Comment