Monday 25 January 2016

27/11/15 - Golden Temple

A week after visiting the Silver Temple, we finally made our way to the Golden Temple (Kinkakuji). Personally, I was the most excited to see this temple. I've heard that it's most beautiful when the sun is setting and so we timed our trip to arrive just a little before it closes.

Seeing the temple was everything I had imagined and more. I think pictures can't really do it justice, because it's really just magnificent. When the sun sets, the light hits the temple in such a way that makes it look like it's glowing. I'd recommend anyone to go see this temple at least once.

The garden here, for others, wasn't as beautiful as the Silver Temple. However, I really felt that everything was just perfect. I felt that what people enjoyed most about the Silver Temple was the sand garden. But, I personally preferred the simplicity of the garden at Kinkakuji.


Afterwards, we walked around Kyoto and while it was really enjoyable, we experienced Japanese people saying "foreigner" at us every 1 minute walking through the busy streets. We were getting really mad and confused so we ended up going home. We get called foreigners a lot by strangers and while we know that it's obvious, it's still pretty annoying after a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment