Monday 8 February 2016

27/12/15 - Sky Building

Something that was on my bucket list from the moment I entered Japan, was to look at Umeda from the top of the Sky Building. Since my friends had already been, they didn't plan on going again so soon. But, then one day Rhiannon suggested it - because she knew I had wanted to go. She said she loved it there so didn't mind going again. So, we finally went to climb one of the tallest buildings in Osaka.

We had planned to get there before sundown, but unfortunately we were running a little later than expected. I'd heard many things about the view, and how it's most amazing at night - so it didn't bother me a lot that we were late. I think seeing the sun go down would have been nice, but I can always go again. Despite it being a good time to go, there wasn't a line when we got there. It was lucky, too, because we discovered as we were leaving that the line builds fast. I think there were people waiting all the way down the stairs.

But, since there weren't many people there while when we went, we could see the sky view so easily. First, we looked from the inside. We could sit on benches and stay warm, but Rhiannon assured me that the view from the top was the most impressive. She was definitely right. We walked onto the viewing deck and the only lights were from the city and blue lights near the glass wall. The blue lights made everything glow, but didn't distract from the view.


The view itself was beyond amazing. Even though I was freezing, I really felt how incredible everything was. Seeing Osaka from such a view reminded me of how lucky I am to be on exchange. I could see all the tiny details of the city, even though they were so far away. I'll never forget that. Occasionally I am hit with moments of "wow, I'm really in Japan!" But, I think it hit the hardest when i was up the building. Sometimes I miss things about Australia, but I didn't at that moment. Japan suddenly felt like my place, my home. I was really happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment