Tuesday 20 October 2015

20/10/15 - Sick in Japan

There's been a big gap in time between posting last, but I have been keeping myself really busy still. Unfortunately, I for the past week I managed to get sick and honestly I was unable to do anything. Being sick in Japan is totally unlike being sick in Australia. First of all, you can't be sure if it's an illness you have had before. In my case, I had absolutely zero energy and was coughing up a storm. It took me half an hour to walk to the train station which would normally take 5-10 minutes! So, eventually I went to the hospital. The process is pretty similar to Australian clinics - except they ask for a urine test when signing up! I was shocked... But the doctor was nice enough. He spoke Japanese but I went with my RA, so she could translate for me. I think because Japanese medication is weak, they give you a million different medications to take so you get better. So troublesome, but writing this now I am pretty much healthy aside from a lingering cough that should be gone soon. At least I don't have to wear a surgical mask anymore!

The past two weeks I have been doing so much. My friends and I have gone to Shisha bars and eaten lots of ramen and I have sung so much karaoke. Last Saturday KUID even had a bowling event so we could meet some Japanese students. I am so bad at bowling! But it was fun anyway. Then I went to Kobe the next day. I might post about Kobe another time when I don't have so many tests lingering. How frustrating. It's really beautiful there, though. Also, Halloween party this weekend! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment